UPDATE 1st December 2021
In light of the recent update by the government over the weekend and their increasing of restriction, we will be asking all our members to ensure that they check their temperature on arrival at the Gym. We will reintroduce weekly Covid testing for all our staff.
With your support we hope that these extra measures will only be temporary and no additional restrictions will be necessary.
To reiterate please do not attend the gym if you feel unwell. Please see previous updates for further information to other procedures such as the protocol for classes.
UPDATE 20th October 2021
We would just like to reassure our members and visitors that we are still regularly cleaning the facilities and encouraging members to wipe down equipment after use with the sanitising wipes provided. We have hand sanitising stations across the facilities and a temperature check device for you to use upon arrival. We are also still offering COVID lateral flow testing to our staff.
Entry to the gym is contactless as we are using a QR reader for members to sign in with, and a foot-operated water bottle refilling station.
Please do not attend the gym if you feel unwell. Please see previous updates for further information to other procedures such as the protocol for classes.
UPDATE 18th July 2021
From Monday 19th July, the government will lift most restrictions currently in place, including social distancing and limits on indoor gatherings etc. We have decided as an establishment to still monitor things for the time being. So we ask that you still follow social distancing in the gym wherever possible and to continue to sanitise hands and gym equipment regularly after use.
You are no longer required to book your training slots for the gym, we have now removed those slots from the app. You do though still need to use the app to sign in at reception with your QR code upon arrival. This is important as we need a log of who enters the building and when. Please also still check your temperature at reception with the contactless reader.
You now only need to book for classes and studio use as there are limited spaces. We have increased class sizes for boxing, circuits and yoga to 10 participants per class, and spin to 6 participants per class. Please see timetable for days/times the classes will be running. As there are limited spaces, it is essential that you cancel if you are unable to attend, in order to free up your space to someone else who may be on the reserve list.
As always, please do not attend if you feel unwell. All other procedures and protocol will remain unchanged. Please see previous updates for further information.
UPDATE 14th May 2021
From Monday 17th May, indoor group fitness classes will resume. These classes are limited to 6 participants at a time, and you must still follow social distancing where ever possible. The boxing classes will therefore be non-contact sessions for the time being. Please see updated timetable for days/times the classes will be running. As with gym slots, it is essential that you book your space for the classes, and cancel if you are unable to attend.
All other procedures and protocol will remain unchanged. Please see previous updates for further information.
UPDATE 12th April 2021
We are now reopen as of 12th April for gym use. As before, we must ask that all members and visitors whilst on the premises follow social distancing, temperature check upon arrival, wash/sanitize hands regularly and wipe down all gym equipment after each use with the sanitizing wipes provided. It is also essential that you book your training slot on the app in order for us to manage the numbers of people in the gym at any one time.
At the moment, classes are not allowed to go ahead, until 17th May at the earliest. This date given by the government is provisional and may change. As soon as we are given confirmation to restart the classes, we will advertise this.
If you have frozen your membership and asked us to set it on an automatic restart, then you do not need to do anything, this will be in place ready for payments to restart again on or soon after 12th April. If you have cancelled then you will be contacted by Ashbourne asking whether you’d like to restart your membership and there will be a link to follow on the email enabling you to do so. If you have any queries then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp (you can start a chat with us by clicking the whatsapp logo at the bottom of our homepage) and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
UPDATE 12th March 2021
The Government have recently announced the new roadmap out of lockdown, highlighting that Gyms are able to reopen from Monday 12th April so this will be our reopening date. As before, we must ask that all members and visitors whilst on the premises follow social distancing, temperature check upon arrival, wash/sanitize hands regularly and wipe down all gym equipment after each use with the sanitizing wipes provided. It is also essential that you book your training slot on the app in order for us to manage the numbers of people in the gym at any one time.
Members who are borrowing gym equipment will need to return everything a few days before we are due to reopen. We will email and post on our social media further instructions about this nearer the time.
If you have frozen your membership and asked us to set it on an automatic restart, then you do not need to do anything, this will be in place ready for payments to restart again upon reopening of the gym. If you have cancelled then you will be contacted by Ashbourne asking whether you’d like to restart your membership and there will be a link to follow on the email enabling you to do so. If you need to contact us in the meantime, then please kindly email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
UPDATE 20th December 2020
Unfortunately, the latest government ruling that was announced on 19th December stipulates that Tunbridge Wells is in the new tier 4 which means that gyms and all other non-essential businesses must close. So as of Sunday 20th December, we are closed until further notice. We are monitoring the news and government rules and will react as and when we can. When Tunbridge Wells moves back down to a lower tier (1, 2 or 3) then the gym will be allowed to open. Our sincerest apologies to all our members and visitors.
Members have been sent an email regarding the closure and borrowing gym equipment and payments etc. If you need to contact us, then please kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
UPDATE 2nd December 2020
We are now re-open! Please ensure you are following all measures as outlined previously when visiting our premises. This includes following social distancing, carrying out regular hand sanitising/washing, wiping down equipment after use with the sanitising wipes provided, booking your training slot in advance via the app, signing in on arrival aswell as temperature check upon arrival. Please also refrain from coming in if you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of COVID.
Classes: As Tunbridge Wells is currently in Tier 3, we are not allowed to teach classes in the gym. What we are doing instead is teaching Yoga online via zoom (links available through the ‘Halo Gym Members’ closed facebook group. All other classes as temporarily suspended. If and when Tunbridge Wells moves down to Tier 2 or 1, we will be allowed to resume indoor classes again. We are awaiting further announcement from the government regarding tiers, so please just wait for further correspondence from us regarding the classes.
UPDATE 24th November 2020
It was announced by the government last night that lockdown two is ending on 2nd December. It is stated on the government website that with the new tiered system, gyms will be allowed to stay open regardless of which tier their town is in. This means that we will be reopening our doors on 2nd December, regardless of which tier we go in to.
Classes: The rules for teaching exercise classes are different depending on what tier we go in to after lockdown. The new tiered system is being introduced on Thursday 26th November, where we will find out which tier Tunbridge Wells will be going in to. We will then know exactly what will be happening with classes, so please bear with us.
Once we have reopened please ensure you are following all previous steps when visiting our premises, including but not limited to: following social distancing, carrying out regular hand sanitising/washing, wiping down equipment after use with the sanitising wipes provided, booking your training slot in advance via the app, signing in on arrival aswell as temperature check upon arrival. Please also refrain from coming in if you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of COVID.
UPDATE 2nd November 2020
Unfortunately we will be closing our doors again from end of day Wednesday 4th November. This is due to the latest government ruling enforcing a second national lockdown. The current guidance is currently that this lockdown will be for 4 weeks, meaning we are due to reopen again from Wednesday 2nd December.
We are happy to lend out equipment to members who wish to continue their membership during this time. In order to collect equipment, you must book a timeslot on the app for the morning of Thursday 5th November between 6-10am, these slots will be released on the app two days before (on Tuesday 3rd November at 7am). Please do not turn up to a slot that you are not booked on to because you may have to wait. We have chosen to distribute equipment through a booking system in order to be able to maintain social distancing. Please ensure you return the equipment in the same condition that it was in when you collected, and ensure not to store it outside as the bad weather we are having will make it go rusty. We will be contacting everyone with equipment a couple of days before reopening to arrange return of the equipment.
If you wish to continue your membership then you do not need to do anything, it will just continue as normal. If you wish to freeze your membership then please contact us on email@example.com or 01892548700 to let us know and we can temporarily freeze it for you. We have done our best to attempt to contact as many direct debit holders as we can, however if you didn’t get a call from us then it may be that we couldn’t reach you due to incorrect contact details or no answer. Please contact us if you wish to make any changes.
UPDATE 14th July 2020
We’re looking forward to welcoming you all back into the gym from the 25th July! Here is more information on your membership, what we are doing and how it will all work.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note: There will be no classes for at least the first few weeks as we reopen the gym indoors*
- If you were fortunate to be able to continue supporting us during lockdown (Thank You again!), your membership is still active and there is nothing you need to do here.
- If you cancelled your direct debit at the bank, you will need to email email@example.com stating that you would like to restart your membership.
- If you contacted us to ask for your DD to be frozen or stopped please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can message Ashbourne to restart your membership.
- Please note:
- If you cancelled your direct debit, Ashbourne will be contacting you directly by email with a payment link to ask you to make a payment and restart direct debit.
- If you asked for your direct debit to be put on hold, these payments will automatically start again from the 25th July and payments will begin again on your next payment date (most after 1st August).
Booking to workout:
- As with the outside gym to workout, you will need to book in advance using the YourApp Plus (Download here: Apple / Android).
- Once you have downloaded the app, you will need to create an account, the app will then ask for your membership number and date of birth – if you need your membership number please email email@example.com and we’ll reply back with your membership number.
- From there you can click on the calendar in the middle to book your sessions up to 7 days in advance.
- All members will have access to up to 4 sessions per week to ensure all members have a fair chance at accessing the gym.
- When you arrive at the gym you can use the app to scan in using the QR code in the top right corner of the apps home screen (we can help you with this when you arrive here!)
How it will work – Staying safe and working out:
- When you arrive at the gym, there is a hand sanitising station at the door to clean your hands.
- You will then scan in using the QR code on your app and at the same time we will take your temperature at reception to ensure your temperature is below the maximum permitted (currently 37.5ºc)
Number of members in the gym at one time:
- Based on the government guidelines we could have up to 42 people in the gym at any one time.
- From the 25th July, we will be limited access to 15 members to train in the gym at one time. This allows for us to test and ensure all procedures and policies put in place are robust and reassures all members that they are safe whilst working out.
- Over the coming weeks we will continue to review government guidance and member feedback as to when we increase the numbers allowed in the gym at one time.
- We ask that members come already changed in their workout clothing,
- The changing rooms are available to use the toilets, but will restrict the number of people in the changing rooms at any one time.
- Showers are not permitted to be used at this time.
- Signage is shown in the toilets asking you to wash your hands,
- Members are responsible for their own handwashing and sanitising. Let’s protect and look out for each other to keep the gym open!
- We recommend and request that you do this regularly to reduce any chance of contamination or spread!
- There are several hand sanitising and equipment cleaning stations dotted around the gym, again encouraging you to clean your hands and equipment as often as possible.
Cleaning of machines and equipment:
- We ask all members to clean any equipment, machines and weights after you have finished using them.
- Cleaning stations are dotted around the gym, please ensure that everything you have used has been cleaned down before returning it.
- Staff members will also be regularly cleaning the gym and equipment throughout the day.
Using Equipment/ free weights/ machines/ attachments etc:
- Wherever possible, we will ensure that any attachments are available without going in a box or where multiple attachments are ontop of each other to reduce contact.
- When using dumbbells or weight plates, please ensure to clean these after you are finished
- When using one of the machines, please keep in mind of other gym members, please do not use machines directly next to each other at the same time. This means either; using another machine away from them whilst they use their machine, or while during your rest, the other person uses their machine whilst you take a step away. (Using your common sense here!)
- Do not workout on the same machine as someone else, you will need to wait until that person has completed their sets and cleaned the machine before you start using it.
- Benches in the free weights area will be spaced out 2m apart, please do not move the benches.
Using Cardio equipment:
- This includes treadmills, cross trainer, versa-climber, spin bikes, assault bike etc.
- Please be mindful of other members as you use these machines.
- When you have finished with the machine, please ensure you have cleaned the entire machine, including any buttons, and the frame of the machine.
- Our air conditioning system works by drawing fresh air in and pushing old air from the gym out.
- As per the government guidelines, we will be running the air conditioning at a higher rate than usual to ensure a faster circulation of fresh air into the building.
- All doors wherever possible will be kept open to allow for natural ventilation throughout the spaces. Please do not close these doors.
- We will soon be sharing a map of the gym and the one-way system.
- There will be markers on the floor to guide members around the space.
- The only contra-flow areas will be to access to the changing rooms, lockers and for members accessing the treatment room with Andre.
- Social distancing guidelines will match all government guidelines.
- This means keeping 2 metres apart wherever possible.
- And if this isn’t possible, a face-mask should be worn.
Staff and PPE:
- At the reception, we have a plastic shield in place when communicating with members during the check-in process.
- PT’s will wear a mask and / or face-shield to reduce any chance of spreading or contracting the virus (this will also be further prevented by temperature checks)
- The gym will be closed on the 23rd & 24th of July to allow for a deep clean of the entire space, ensuring everything is clean ahead of opening indoors on the 25th
- The team will have a cleaning rota to regularly clean the spaces around the gym throughout the day, but again request that all members clean the equipment they use themselves once finished with it.
- We will not be running classes for the first couple of weeks as we ensure that all policies and procedures work.
- We will continue to review government guidance as to when indoor classes can resume and will keep you updated on social media and here as to when classes will resume.
UPDATE 21st March 2020
It is with great disappointment that due to government ruling we have been told to close our doors to the public temporarily, effective immediately. There is currently no date with regards to re-opening, but as soon as we know we will post a new update and also notify all members via email and social media. Please bear with us.
14th March 2020
At Halo Gym we are actively monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and can assure you that we are taking additional measures to ensure the health and safety of all members, guests and staff as our number one priority. We are committed to ensuring that the gym is safe and hygienic for all users. Our staff have been briefed on what actions they need to take to reduce the risk of spread of the virus, as set out by the Government.
What are we doing to keep members and staff safe?
Our staff our regularly cleaning and disinfecting the changing facilities, reception area, gym equipment and studio throughout the day.
The cleaning products used are recommended by the NHS and WHO.
We have hand sanitiser gel in both the gym and reception area available at all times.
We have also added additional signage throughout the gym to remind everybody to wash their hands regularly and to wipe down all equipment after use.
What can you as a member or visitor do to help? (The following are the general NHS recommendations)
If you are experiencing any symptoms, no matter how mild, consider staying home to recover and contact the NHS 111 service if you have any concerns.
Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds using soap and water as per NHS guidelines.
Wipe down equipment after use with the cleaning spray and paper towels provided and then put the tissues straight in the bin.
Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and then dispose of tissues in the bin and then wash your hands straight away.
If you are a traveller returning to the UK, then please follow the Government guidance and self isolate if necessary.
There are currently no reported cases of any member, staff or visitor testing positive for COVID-19. Therefore the gym and classes will be running as normal. If anyone who has been to our gym tested positive for the virus, we would temporarily close the gym for a deep clean and re-open once completed.
If you have tested positive for Coronavirus and have used the gym recently then please contact us ASAP on 01892548700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.